Make more of your outdoor space with Garden Lighting
Garden lights bring a whole new dimension to your outdoor space. Here at Holland Landscapes we strongly recommend including garden lighting into any landscaping project. No matter how large or how small. It’s certainly better to add lights whilst landscaping than it is to retro-fit.
Popping some lights in between plants can really bring your garden to life after sunset. Or why not illuminate your patio so that you can use it longer into the evening?
There are dozens of reasons to light up your garden – here are just a few of them…
- Security lighting to deter unwanted visitors
- You can highlight specific plants, trees or works of art – looks amazing
- Light your journey around the garden
- Driveway lights will welcome you home
- Create a relaxing space for evening use
- Illuminate your outdoor kitchen
- Use garden lights to create a party atmosphere
- Be able to use your garden on winter evenings
- Steps and slopes can be lit to avoid accidents
- Accentuate water features, hot tubs and swimming pools
However you choose to light up your garden, it’s essential that you do it safely. Be sure to use good quality light fittings that are robust, weatherproof and well made. And ensure that wires are fit for purpose and discreetly hidden away so that you won’t get tangled up in them.
Types of garden lights
There are a wide range of garden lights to choose from. Uplighters are great for creating structure in the garden. Recessed lights that fit flush with your patio, path or deck will help you to find your way around the garden at night. And what about some beautiful coloured underwater lights for your pond or pool?
The team at Holland Landscapes, along with our colleagues at Tapestry Design Studios can help you achieve great things with garden lights. Best of all, when you hire professionals to integrate lighting with landscaping, you can be sure that your garden electricals will be tasteful, discreet and safe.