Based in Essex, Holland Landscapes is one of East Anglia’s premier landscape contractors with an unrivalled reputation for building high quality award winning domestic gardens. We have ambitious plans to grow our business and now require a suitably experienced hard landscaper to lead one of our teams.
The successful applicant must have experience in all aspects of hard landscaping, will have an eye for attention to detail, good people skills, basic horticultural knowledge and must be well organised.
A competitive salary and pension is offered for this position.
The objectives of the job are to:
- Ensure that landscape jobs run efficiently, on time and completed under budget
- Ensure that quality is maintained to a high standard
- Ensure that customer satisfaction is maintained to a high standard
The successful applicant will be responsible for 1-2 team members, a semi-skilled landscaper and or labourer.
The successful applicantwill also be expected to liaise closely with suppliers, designers, clients, sub contractors and company directors.
The key results areas are:
- Jobs coming in under budget
- Jobs completed in time
- Increased customer satisfaction
The key tasks are:
- To meet and exceed client requirements
- To build gardens to the highest of standards
- To manage the project from start to completion
- To keep the job organised.
- To manage staff and improve their effectiveness
- To monitor and implement Health and Safety policy as appropriate
- To identify training needs
- To liaise with customers, suppliers and sub contractors
- To motivate and enthuse employees
- Participate in the planning, development and subsequent managing of new projects
- Liaise with the directors about progress of works.
- Work closely with the designer of the current project.
- Assist the owners to maintain or improve net profit
- Ensure the experience for the client is easy, stress free and friendly throughout the project.
- To improve efficiency by reviewing procedures and implementing new methods of working
- Ensure the teams tools, vehicle and workspace is always kept clean and tidy
The core skills / knowledge required for this position are:
- Basic plant knowledge
- Extensive hard landscaping knowledge
- Customer care
- Attention to detail
Go to all jobs